Tuesday 30 October 2012

Domaine de Marc Bredif Vouvray 1999

My mate and I were trying to work out what type of a women Chenin Blanc would be. I proposed that if I was trying to pick up, on a night out, Riesling would be the 7pm pick up as it is sophisticated and elegant. Something that you would want to take home to your parents and have a nice Sunday roast with all of them. Sauvignon Blanc would be the 5am pick up as it is very in your face and you know what you are going to be getting. You might even wake up in the morning and think I shouldn't have had that last glass. Chenin blanc on the other hand sits about at the 11pm pick up because it has a swarve seduction about it and it can surprise the hell out of you, given a few years in the bottle.

Domaine de Marc Bredif Vouvray 1999

NOT READY FOR CONSUMPTION! This needs a few more years but I had fun watching this evolve in the glass. Do I want searing acidity? Yes as it will allow is elegant beauty to slowly work its way down the maturity track. At the moment it is musk stick and wet pebbles doing the lambada with honeysuckle and lime cordial. The texture of the wine is starting to ramp up but the acidity is still wedged in the wine which makes the wine finish dry.   I like it but I would like it more later on.

Alcohol: 12.5%
Price: $50
Rated: 94
Drink: Give it 5 more years
Importer: Negociants Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment