Sunday 13 January 2013

Jamie Oliver 15 min meal plus Bimbadgen Estate Semillon 2012

At Christmas I was given Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals so my wife and I decided to cook our way through all the meals. The first one on the menu was the Chicken Tikka, lentil, spinach and naan salad. There is a nice mix between traditional spice, chilli and fragrant chicken mixed with more modern elements in this dish. The meal was easy to cook but some of the ingredients were a bit difficult to find as I live in a small country town.  I wasn't able to get naan bread or the chestnut mushrooms but I could get puy lentils which I had to cook myself before starting the recipe. Once my wife and I sat down to consume this medium bodied meal our taste buds went wild with each little flavour making an impact. The balance of the fresh flavours was really well executed and I would happily cook this as a main meal or as a side salad for a larger group.



My daughter enjoyed the meal as well and always wants to get involved.

Bimbadgen Estate Semillon 2012

After tasting this wine I was sure it was a 25 to 30 buck wine but a quick search on the internet shows how wrong I was. This wine has those typical lime and lemon notes before an element of crushed flowers and spiced herbs comes in. The winery is rather stunning, as the photo below outlines, and this seems to come through in the purity of the wine. In fact the wine is so easy to drink I almost forgot what I was doing.


Alcohol: 10%
Price: $18
Rated: 86
Drink: Now - 2019




No comments:

Post a Comment