Monday 11 February 2013

Trout Valley Reserve Pinot Gris 2012

The town of Nelson is a buzz with people and things to do. The 42,000 residents deriving most of their income from tourism, fisheries, forestry and viticulture. Nelson as a region is relatively small when comapred to Marlborough 22,587 hectares, Hawkes Bay 4,841 hectares, Otago 1787 hectares, Gisborne 1617 hectares and Nelson 813 hectares. The main focus for the region is aromatic white wines with a little Syrah and Pinot Noir taking up the rear.


Trout Valley Reserve Pinot Gris 2012

On the nose this was ultra ripe and smelled like a full on Pinot Gris which is definitely a good thing. Once I put the wine on my palate those ultra ripe flavours of slightly squishy pear, apple sauce and Asian spices comes marching in. The flavours are a little too broad but the texture is beautiful at this price. When I tasted this I didn't know the price so I was pleasantly surprised when I found it out.


Alcohol: 13.5%
Price: $28
Rated: 84
Drink: Its ready now

Trout Valley Reserve Pinot Gris

No comments:

Post a Comment