Saturday 2 March 2013

M Chapoutier Tournon Lady's Lane Vineyard Shiraz 2009

when I looked at the wines in front of me that I needed to taste through, this wine jumped out at me as it is impressively packaged. Wax seal, heavy bottle and a elegant label so how could I resist.

M Chapoutier Tournon Lady's Lane Vineyard Shiraz 2009

The initial aromas that swaggered out of the glass were sweet from the oak treatment but there was some really ripe plum and dark chocolate notes coming through. What happened on the palate didn't really match up as the wine felt lighter on the palate but the flavours of slightly over ripe plums, green pepper corns and dried currants didn't jump out and grab me. There needed to be a bit extra vibrancy or acidity to hold everything together. The wine has reached its peak and should be drunk now to get ful enjoyment out of it.

Alcohol: 15.5%
Price: $50
Rated: 85
Drink: Now or over the next two years

No comments:

Post a Comment