Saturday 17 January 2015

Rosa by KT 2014


Rose or Rosado, as it is called in Spain and Portugal, is often very light in colour as this one is. This wine spent 24 hours in contact with the skins. The grapes were allowed to undergo wild fermentation in a mix of stainless steel and old French oak.  I loved the colour of the wine as I thought it would mean that this was a dry style of Rosado. More dry styles should be produced as it makes them easier to drink more of it on a warm summer’s day plus it pairs better with food.
 

Rosa by KT 2014

The wine is a blend of 65% Grenache and 35% Tempranillo with the Grenache taking centre stage at this stage. The flavours of confected strawberries and brown sugar dominate and make this more of a sweet style wine. I’m not a fan of the flavour profile but the texture is rather nice. Nice acidity with a bit of thickness on the mid-palate keeps my interest but I think that there is way too much residual sugar hanging around. I’m not sure why as I think this would have been made in a dry style. Oh well better luck next time.

 
Alcohol: 12.5%
Price: $22
Rated: 84
Drink: over summer but will go another couple of years

No comments:

Post a Comment