Saturday 30 April 2011

Tinto Pesquera Reserva 06

This wine comes from the Ribera Del Duero region which has been made famous as it is the home to Vega Sicilia.  The region produces mainly wines from the Tempranillo grape with some international varieties pop their head up ever now and again.

Tinto Pesquera Reserva 06

The wine is 100% Tempranillo and comes across profoundly concentrated yet tilts its hat to both the new and old world in its complexity and flavour profile.  The bottle was opened for 12 hours before I stuck my nose into it and when I did it still screamed for more time. It began with a gourmet style BBQ, smoke box, red fruits, blood plums and spicy vanilla yet it’s the tannin structure that sets this wine apart.  The grip builds and builds and builds!  There is a little alcohol warmth that is holding me back from going nuts over the wine but even with it I’m exceedingly happy.


Alcohol: 14%
Price: $50
Rated: 91
Drink: 2016-2021


No comments:

Post a Comment