Thursday 11 July 2013

Echo Beach Cabernet Merlot 2011

I'm reminded of the song from Martha and the Muffins when I drink this wine. Here are the first few lines.

I know it's out of fashion
And a trifle uncool
But I can't help it
I'm a romantic fool
It's a habit of mine
To watch the sun go down
On Echo beach, I watch the sun go down

From nine till five I have to spend my time at work
The job is very boring, I'm an office clerk
The only thing that helps pass the time away
Is knowing I'll be back at Echo Beach some day



Echo Beach Cabernet Merlot 2011

Typical Margaret River nose in a medium bodied style that has those lovely leafy blackcurrant notes mixed with bay leaves, plum and spice. Lovely and lovely is the two words that come to mind. Great value booze.

Alcohol: 14%
Price: $16
Rated: 84
Drink: Now - 2016

12 x 2011 Tyrrell's Echo Beach Cabernet Merlot






No comments:

Post a Comment