Tuesday 1 October 2013

Head Wine Head Red GSM 2012

Alex Head produces approximately 4000 cases with the Head Red wines taking up almost 50 percent of the production. Alex has worked all over the world and within Australia but he has based his business in Sydney but his fruit all comes from Barossa Valley. Most of the wineries that I have spoken to say that Sydney and Melbourne are the areas that are sucking up quality interesting wines so Alex basing his business in Sydney might be a great thing. The few wines I have tried from this producer have all been brilliant value and very good to great quality.

Head Wine Head Red GSM 2012

When I was a kid I used to get 3 bucks pocket per week and I could spend that on anything I wanted. I used to go into the deli on Fridays after I had finished playing Tennis and buy a Turkish delight and a 20 cent mixed bag of lollies. This wine takes like the mixed bag of lollies so all this emotional energy is flowing back. I feel joyous and nervous at the same time as a sip this wine. There are moments of full bodied coffee, spice and dried clay moments that join the show with not much oak showing anywhere in the wine. Love this now!

Alcohol: 14.5%
Price: $25
Rated: 87
Drink: Now - 2017

head red gsm

No comments:

Post a Comment