Saturday 9 May 2015

Bremerton Special Release Malbec 2013

Langhorne Creek makes some very appealing easy drinking wine at attractive prices. 

Bremerton Special Release Malbec 2013

Boya this is a big red with a grunt of flavour and ripe tannins to boot. I liked it but I could see potential as I thought this was more a solid dry red rather than a top quality Malbec. On the nose there was earth and redcurrants with dried plum skin and roasted spices. The flavours burst from the seam in a thick and silky manner with some ripe tannins melting on my tongue. I could see that Bremerton are trying to make their mark with this variety and I think it will do well as they are making an appealing wine that would fit with the Shiraz drinker yet are able to retain some of the goodness that is associated with the variety.

Alcohol: 14.5%
Price: $24
Rated: 88
Drink: Now – 2019

Malbec

No comments:

Post a Comment