Saturday 6 August 2011

Greenock Creek Roennfeldt Road Shiraz 1995

I had this at the end of last year but I found my notes so I thought I'd write it up as I have an 04 Apricot block to write up as well.  On release Greenock Creek wines are so big and brash that it can be difficult to drink a glass.  The Roennfeldt Road is now drinking beautifully!

Greenock Creek Roennfeldt Road Shiraz 1995

This wine is right in its groove. There is a huge amount of coco mixed with leather dominating my palate. Parker gave this a perfect score but I don't see that there is a beautiful length and line to the wine.  Everything is soft and accessible so I would start opening these whenever you feel like it. A rare wine brilliantly constructed and a joy to drink. I didn't write down the alcohol content but there is no discernible effect on the palate.


Alcohol: ?
Price: $450 (Auction)

Rated: 94
Drink: now - 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment