Monday 1 August 2011

Stefano Lubiana Estate Pinot Noir 2009

In 2009 the weather was a little wild and woolie, resulting in reduced yield and greater structure. I get the feeling that Stefano's 2010s will be more accessible as conditions were much warmer right across Tasmania. As we are transitioning into spring I've been thinking about what the conditions have been like in Tasmania. There would definitely be snow on Cradle Mountain, which would make it a fantastic backdrop to mountain bike down with a small picnic and a bottle of this in your back pack.  Cozy thermals a must.


Stefano Lubiana Estate Pinot Noir 2009

I started thinking about tastes from my past when I was sampling this.  Cherry Coke came to mind. Well, I wrote down cherry bomb and cola so maybe Cherry Coke is a bit of a stretch but you know what I mean.  There is definitely great depth of flavour and light and fluffy tannins draping themselves all over this wine.  As with all the other wines of Stefano that I've cellared, they blossom in the bottle. 

Alcohol: 14%
Price: $50

Rated: 92
Drink: 2015 - 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment