Tuesday 8 November 2011

Alkoomi White Label Shiraz 2010

Western Australia has been having a bit of a good run with their weather condition in recent years so it was interesting to see a cheaper entry level wine.  While I am a fan of the Cabernets from Margaret River I have never tried a Shiraz that has taken me.  That is not to say that they don't do Shiraz well but if given the chance I reach for the bottle of Cabernet.

Alkoomi White Label Shiraz 2010

If I was given this blind, I would have said that this was a Pinot Noir in the $20 price range.  The wine is so light and has the flavour spectrum in the red berry end with a hint of spice. It was a learning experience to taste this to say the least. Whilst the wine doesn't possess the longest palate length going around, it does provide good drinking for the money.  The mouthwatering acidity is the feature of the wine that most put a smile on my face.

Alcohol: 13.9%
Price: $14
Rated: 84
Drink: Good drinking in the short term.

No comments:

Post a Comment