Sunday 20 November 2011

Salomon Undhof Kogl Riesling 2010

Riesling in Austria is grown in and around the areas that produce the best Gruner which I hope some Australian wineries in the Clare and Eden Valley take on and run with. Its funny that I really reach for a rizza from Austria yet I found that this was the stand out from the Salomon range. I might have to slap some cash down to try what other winemakers can d with this variety. 

Salomon Undhof Kogl Riesling 2010

The wine starts out with ripe golden delicious apples with a waiter standing over you asking you if you would like more pepper on it. The wine is so attractive now that I hesitate to ask what it will taste like with 5 or so years in the bottle. I find myself saying words like yummo after I have taken a sip. The wine finishes with a massive amount of cuts rocks with a mouth-filling palate that leaves you refreshed.

Alcohol: 12%
Price: ?
Rated: 93
Drink:  Now - 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment