Sunday 2 September 2012

Paradise IV Dardel Shiraz 2010

Normally I review wines over an extended period, and this wine was no different as I took 7 days to evaluate it, and I must say that it was so easy to drink on day one that I thought about downing it in one night. This is what I did with the Chaumont and I think I gave it too low a score as a result. The Dardel started off good but not mind blowing and each day I went back new and exciting flavours emerged. Add to that extra length and depth of savoury goodness and you understand what this wine achieved in the end. I think that if I let the Chaumont sit in the bottle over that period it may have been a 91 to 93 range but I didn’t so I can only inform everyone that they need to be patient with the Paradise IV wines. If you do the wine expeience will take you to Nirvana.   

Paradise IV Dardel Shiraz 2010

The wine has a slipperiness about it that makes it so easy to drink. Or is it silkiness? Whatever it is I’m ready to for the experience. I think the textural experience is enhanced by the fact that the tannins and flavour are ratcheted on to each other. If this was a recipe, it would be one part tannin to one part flavour as they are in perfect balance.  If anyone cared about the flavours, I’m not as the mouth-feel of this wine is so seductive, then they would expect blood plums, white and black pepper, dried wedding flowers and exotic Indian spices. These flavours coalesce on a medium bodied and supremely elegant palate that tickles the inner most intimate fantasies or desires as I sit with this glass of pure gold.

Alcohol: 13.5%
Price: $45
Rated: 95+
Drink: Now -  2025

No comments:

Post a Comment