Sunday 14 December 2014

S.C. Pannell Arido Rose 2013 Plus Pork and Mash

Ok so I have a bit of a problem at the moment. I'm Broke! Well it's been a problem for a while now but around the festive season it is a little worse. I was looking in the fridge and cupboard and I decided to do whatever I could do with what I had. The menu for tonight.

Herbed Pork with mash and asparagus

I'm luck that I plant herbs and other stuff in the garden as I wouldn't be able to cut the herbs and the asparagus 2 minutes before I start cooking them.

Pork

2 pork medallions
a handful of thyme and oregano
a pinch of salt and pepper
a splash of balsamic vinegar

Chop the herbs and coat the pork with herbs and salt and pepper and allow to sit for a while. I allowed it to sit while I put together the mash.  Once potatoes are mashed place pork on a medium hot pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Once cooked add balsamic vinegar and turn three to four times every thirty seconds until cooked to desired level.


Mash Potato

3 large potatoes with skin on
100 g butter
50 g cheese ( I used the left over I had in the fridge)

Boil the potatoes in water until soft. Strain water and add butter and grated cheese. I mashed the mix and allowed it to sit for a moment.

Asparagus

One bunch asparagus

Stream asparagus until al dente and serve with pork and mash.

S.C. Pannell Arido Rose 2013

This wine worked so well with the medium bodied pork but I think it could take some Asian style food as well.  The wine is very pale which suggests that it is made in a savoury dry style, rather than a light dry red style. The grapes for this wine were hand picked and then had 1 day skin contact before being drained off into tank. The flavours that are prominent on this wine are orange rind, cherry, spring blossom and earth with no tannin component and only a touch of acidity pulling it together. This wine has sweetness but it otherwise a dry style rose that possesses length and character. I would recommend drinking this early on a warm summers day.

Alcohol: ? Bottle says 13% but website says 14.1%
Price: $22
Rated: 88
Drink: Now

rose-smaller



No comments:

Post a Comment