Thursday 26 May 2011

Wild Duck Creek Estate Reserve Shiraz 2006

Wild Duck Creek Estate has been producing wine for a while now but generally I think they fly under the radar.  Predominately their wines go straight to the mailing list customers and even though they got great press from some U.S. wine scribes they don’t export to the country.

Wild Duck Creek Estate Reserve Shiraz 2006

There are some nights that I just feel like a fruit bomb but what I got with this was a wine with a degree of elegance and a hell of a lot of pizzazz.  It’s what my mates would call a reserved fruit slut.  Even though it’s the big end of town you get vibrancy from the acidity which keeps everything together and the fruit bounding out entombing your tongue. Plush flavours of plum, spice and eucalypt hide the pervasive fine tannins giving me the impression that I opened this way too early. 

Alcohol: 16.5%
Price: $70
Rated: 92 +
Drink: 2016-2026 


No comments:

Post a Comment