Monday 3 October 2011

Giuseppe Quintarelli Primofiore 2006

A few years ago my mate gave me a bottle of the 1999 Valpolicello which changed my buying habits.  Giuseppe is a master who's strong sense of tradition allows him to craft brilliant wines that are the leading lights in their category. If you haven't tried one before, get a hold of a bottle.

Giuseppe Quintarelli Primofiore 2006

This wine is rather deceptive as it is very light weight but with an extremely long palate length.  The tannin structure builds the longer it sits in my glass.  As this is Giuseppe's entry level wine I get the feeling that people may just crack this and drinking it without marveling at the might of a magician. The wine starts out with sweet chocolate notes then turns seriously savoury with black olives, dried roses and spicy sour cherries.  The whole time I was tasting this, I was struck by how beautifully earthy it was and how gorgeous the mouthwatering acidity sat within the wines structure.

Alcohol: 12.5%
Price: $110

Rated: 94
Drink: Now


No comments:

Post a Comment