Saturday 15 October 2011

Tyrrells Vat 63 2011


Ok so I haven't written much in the last few weeks but I have a good reason. I am 4 days from submitting my thesis and have been a little stressed and preoccupied. The up side is after I’m finished I have a few tasting events booked in with a fair few imported wines to taste. 

Tyrrell’s Vat 63 2011


Soft and cuddly comes to mind when I taste this.  This tasted the best on the first day with the elements of lemon, flowers and spice peach providing most of the enjoyment.  When you first take a sip you get a huge force of chardonnay providing breadth on your palate then the Semillon takes over providing length.  What it feels like is a pyramid on your tongue.  Imagine the base of the pyramid when it first enters your mouth and then culminates with the point near the back of your tongue. Give it two months in bottle and hopefully it sorts itself out. Bang for buck, it is still good just not your normal great value for a Tyrrell’s.

Alcohol: 13%
Price:$22
Rated: 85
Drink: now

No comments:

Post a Comment