Monday 31 October 2011

Moric Estate Blaufrankisch 2008

The more I taste Blaufrankisch the more I love those wild flavours mixed with tannins. If I had to say what they taste like, it would be a mix of Burgundy and Syrah. Most of the time they are medium bodied food friendly wines of personality and interest. Furthermore, they are cheap for the quality they provide.

Moric Estate Blaufrankisch 2008

This wines reminds me of when I was a kid playing in the mud in spring. I would go pick a mix of blackberries, cherries and raspberries and take them down to the creek, where I could make the best fruit mud pie.  If you could add a bit of spice and tree bark, you have the flavours of this wine. The wine is in the serious end of town with a mass of tannin leaving my top lip sticking to my gums. Yum!

Alcohol: 12.5%
Price: $60
Rated: 90
Drink: 2012 - 2020
Importer: Decant Wines

No comments:

Post a Comment