Monday 24 October 2011

Jacques Puffeney Arbois Savagnin 2006

God I love the feel of these Jura bottles! They make me feel more like a man, and less like the women I am, when I hold them in my hand. You really need your thinking pants on when you are drinking this, as it challenges your senses.

Jacques Puffeney Arbois Savagnin 2006

I wanted to see how this handled my home made bacon so I sliced off a few chunks and fried them up.  Did it work? Brilliant to say the least. The flavours of the wine aren’t in your face, they reveal themselves over an extended period. To begin with there is almonds, smoky caramel, glazed ginger and lemon peel then after the bacon everything jumps up a notch.  A hint of peach pops out at me with the sumptuousness of the bacon lingering in my mouth, yet the wine seems to become a little tighter the longer I had it open.  The wine is more about texture, with a chalkiness that envelopes your mouth, rather than flavour. To finish with you get a bold acidity balance beautiful sweet notes.

Alcohol: 13.5%
Price: $70
Rated: 94+
Drink: 2014 – 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment