Thursday 13 June 2013

Majella Riesling 2012

Name the first grape variety that comes to mind when I say Coonawarra? Name the second? Now by the time you get to the top five you still haven't go to Riesling. Is this good or bad for Majella or the wine drinkers of Australia? I think it is great as the quality of this wine is around the quality of the Clare or Eden wines but the price is much lower. If this was available along with a chardonnay from the same region I would now turn my chair towards this little number.

Majella Riesling 2012

There are those atractive varietal notes in the form of lemon balm, flint, and spring flowers before a hint of gun metal hammers home which seems to spank up the back palate. The palate is alive and kicking which would make me turn to Asian style meals for a partner in the dinning room. I wasn't expecting something of this quality from this region, at this price point, but that could also be a result of the brilliant 2012 vintage.

Alcohol: 12%
Price: $17
Rated: 89
Drink: Now - 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment