Monday 14 May 2012

Waywood Reserve Shiraz 2010

Waywood Reserve Shiraz 2010

This is a weird wine and one that I'm not sure if this was a sound bottle. To start with the wine tasted of spearmint, which I think is derived from the oak, but then it turned flat as a pancake. Now the spearmint flavour was enticing and refreshing yet I couldn't get past the nothingness of the mid and back palate. Whatever the flavours were the wine tasted dull and lifeless as if an old school vampire had sucked the life out of it.  When I say old school think the movie Nosferatu


Image from IMBd

and not Twilight. 


Image from TwilightWiki

The wine also lacked structure but did warm my cockles as it slide down my throat.  My rating of this wine stands but it may have been the bottle was defected in some way. 

Alcohol: 14.8%
Price: $45
Rated: 83
Drink: ?



No comments:

Post a Comment