Sunday 28 April 2013

Domaine de Saint Odile Morgon 2011

The more I taste Beaujolais the more I think I need to buy more to drink at home. The tannin to flavour ratio is brilliant and I think that Morgon offers the ability to stash them away in the cellar for a few years.The 2011 vintage sits inbewteen the full on fruitiness of the 09s and the elegance of the 2010s.

Domaine de Saint Odile Morgon 2011

My god the dark cherries, wild herbs and layers of spice are mind blowing. The spice comes in the form of pepper, cumin, cinnamon and sumac whcih makes it savoury yet sweet at the same time. While the palate weight is on the lighter end of the spectrum the flavours pack a punch. Complexity? Hell yes and it is through the roof. Structure? Hell yes as well with prominant tannins and waves of acidity balancing everything out.

Alcohol: 13%
Price: ?
Rated: 90
Drink: Now - 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment