Tuesday 9 April 2013

Shobbrook Wines Riesling 2012

The wines by Tom Shobbrook are enthralling, even to the point that they are more art than just plain wines. This wine, year in year out, is one of my favourites.

Shobbrook Wines Riesling 2012

The fine boned nature of this wine is evident right from the word go. The pristine European flavours of slate, essence of lime, school chalk and crushed daisies. Once the wine hits my mouth the length is very evident and sweetens of the flavours in balanced out by razer acidity and apple cider notes. Unlike last years version there is more texture but the wine doesn’t feel as complete. Don’t get me wrong I am fascinated by this wine as it takes me on a path like no other Australian Riesling but it doesn’t have the voice like it did last year. The drive of the wine is most evident and enthralling on the entry before it fans out on the back palate. Like the Giallo this wine looked best on the earlier days that I had it open so I would recommend enjoying it now.

Alcohol: 12%
Price: $36
Rated: 90
Drink: Now or over the next 5 years

No comments:

Post a Comment