Monday 17 June 2013

Torbreck Cuvee Juveniles 2011

The 06, 07 and 08 version of this wine I thought were not up to normal quality of this wine as they pushed the ripeness level a little too far. This wine is not over ripe at all.

Torbreck Cuvee Juveniles 2011

Elegant is the scribble that is underlined across my note pad and there is lovely spiciness with cranberry sauce, bluefruits and sweaty socks coming through. These flavours are lighht in weight and easy to like. The only thing I would say is that there is a flatness on the back palate that doesn't work with the flavours. I like the entry a lot and it was easy to finish the bottle with my wife and friends of a friday night. This is most probably a better indicator than the review that I did over tuesday and wednesday night. Always a good thing that a wine pleases a crowd. I would recommend that this is drunk in the short term as there is not structure present but the flavours are delightful. Better than the 06 etc? yes and a lovely folow up to the 2010.

Alcohol: 14.5%
Price: $25
Rated: 84
Drink: Now

Torbreck Juveniles Cuvee 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment