Wednesday 25 July 2012

Chapel Hill The Chosen Gorge Block Chardonnay 2011

Earlier this year the 2010 version of this wine came to my attention and I must admit I was blown away by its quality. This year the wine now is under the chosen block label which it fully deserves. But the big question is does the wine stack up?

Chapel Hill The Chosen Gorge Block Chardonnay 2011

Once again this wine is lighter in weight and is more restrained in the flavour spectrum than is normal for your McLaren Vale Chardonnay.  The wine started out with a touch of fresh mixed nuts before the flavours moved to lemon and melon rolled in fennel seeds.  By the end of the 4 days that I tasted this wine a nudge of grapefruit emerged which was a big surprise for me. If this was in a blind line up I may have said that this was from the Adelaide Hills minus the nectarine flavour that I normally associate with the Hills.

Alcohol: 13%
Price: $35
Rated: 89
Drink: Give it four years in the bottle before opening them

2011_chosen_chard 

No comments:

Post a Comment