Friday 17 May 2013

Jansz Premium Vintage Sparkling Rose 2008

I have never really been into sparkling rose but I really like the style after tasting this one. They are a little more expensive than the traditional blanc de blancs but they are also more complex as well.

Jansz Premium Vintage Sparkling Rose 2008

This wine reminds me of high tea. My wife attended one of these events at the end of last year around Christmas time. They are all the rage for womens parties as all you need is an event, like a baby shower, and a group of energised women and you are off. The lovely waiters and waitresses will be hurling creamy cupcakes filled with strawberries, raspberries, chocolate covered buscuits and potpourri. Well it was a stretch to get the potpourri in but as it is a flavour of the wine I thought I would give it a go.  The wine feels like it is from a warmer year as the acid line isn't quiet up to the task but it is a wonderful wine nonetheless.

Alcohol: 12.5%
Price: $38
Rated: 88
Drink: Now

Jansz Premium Vintage Rose 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment