Monday 3 November 2014

Ashton Hills Blend No. 1 Pinot Noir 2013

Now I heard this from a mate that Stephen George was selling his vineyard and moving on in his life. I would live to buy the vineyard but I have no money which makes it tough. I also have no idea how to grow or make quality Pinot Noir but Stephen George is a magician with the variety. This wine is case in point as the season was extremely difficult.


Ashton Hills Blend No. 1 Pinot Noir 2013

Wow this is a broody Pinot with flavours of rhubarb and dried plums on a medium bodied palate weight.  It is intense and easy to drink which is a hall mark of Stephen's ability to craft quality wines but the only thing I think is missing is elegance and a spine of acidity. I would call this wine a fruity number with lots of Pinot goodness thrown in. You won't need to hold it just crack it open on a school night and go for it.

Alcohol: 14%
Price: $35
Rated: 90
Drink: Now - 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment