Sunday 1 January 2012

Jansz Premium Cuvee NV

Tasmania is cool, very cool and from my perspective provides the best quality sparklings year in year out.  That is not to say that there aren't other quality sparklings from the continent,rather Tasmania provides quality across producers every year thus setting the bench mark. This wines sees a minimum of two years on lees before disgorging yet I think the fruit could handle a bit more time on lees to develop additional complexity.

Jansz Premium Cuvee NV

During this time of year there is only three wines that I continually turn to and this is one of them. This wine is dry and savoury yet retains great fruit and wine making complexity.  There are notes of strawberries and nut brittle but the main stay of the wine is bright flavours of lemon curb, spice and grapefruit.  It is too easy to drink which makes me think that this doesn't have cerebral integrity, yet if I slow down the wine has all this in built intrinsic organisation of flavours that just seems to flow so well together. 

Alcohol: 12.5%
Price: $26 which is a bargain but I have seen this on special for $16
Rated: 87
Drink: Now

No comments:

Post a Comment