Monday 23 April 2012

Palliser Estate Pinot Noir 2009

Palliser Estate runs their vineyard utilising environmentally friendly principles.  What does that really mean? They have introduced sheep and livestock as their weed control team, thus reducing the use of diesel, electricity and chemical sprays. Furthermore they only use recyclable material for packaging while using e-mails for distribution of material to mailing list customers. I think this is the way all wineries should go as it reduces the impact on the environment.  From a marketing perspective it also increases the quality of the story that the winery can tell about its product.

Palliser Estate Pinot Noir 2009

My god this is light on in the flavour department.  It almost tastes like strawberries and cream on a warm summers day in England around Wimbledon time.  There is a hit of savoury cherry but I had to go looking for it.  What this does provide is a lovely long length of light flavours and a touch of tannin that holds my interest. What was most surprising was the alcohol level and its absence of impact on the flavours.   I was thinking this was 13.5 and it was actually 14.5%. Do I really love this wine? No but it does get me coming back for seconds.

Alcohol: 14.5%
Price: $42
Rated: 86
Drink: Now - 2016
Importer: Negociants

No comments:

Post a Comment