Wednesday 4 April 2012

Wirra Wirra Church Block 2009

Wirra Wirra's top wines maybe the ones that garner the spot light but I think the entry levels wines should be the ones people talk about.  My thought is, if wineries can make a good to great entry level wine then their top wines should be spectacular.

Wirra Wirra Church Block 2009

I have underlined in my notes Love this! It is not the biggest wine going around but it has balance with a mix of savoury and sweet flavours.  Furthermore, there is an interesting chalky tannic note holding everything together and enticing me to eat some meaty goodness.  You can readily get this at most retail liquor stores and many popular restaurants or cafes would have this one their list so I would recommend that you try this if you can.  If this is sold out I think the 2010 version would be better than this even though this is a cracker.

Alcohol: 14.5%
Price: $16
Rated: 86
Drink: Now - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment