Saturday 14 April 2012

Weingut Bernhard Ott Fass 4 Gruner Veltliner 2011

One of my favourite areas and varieties is Austria and the Gruner Veltliner grape.  Bernhard Ott's version sees some oak ageing but I wouldn't have ever known from tasting it.  The Fass 4 is the top of the crop so I was expecting something delicious.

Weingut Bernhard Ott Fass 4 Gruner Veltliner 2011

Piecing in its delivery of flintiness and lime soaked pears but everything is coiled up so tight that I needed to leave this in the glass and come back after it has warmed up.  The palate is zesty, spicy and inviting which adds to the enjoyment while the palate length is great.  At the end of tasting this I had ticked so many boxes and couldn't find anything I didn't like.  Buy this one if you have never tried a Gruner before as you will be rewarded.

Alcohol: 12.5%
Price: $30
Rated: 90
Drink: Now - 2021
Importer: Negociants

No comments:

Post a Comment