Wednesday 7 December 2011

Alpha Box & Dice Golden Mullet Fury 2009

When I first met Justin Lane I thought the guy was on fire as we spoke so fast with such passion that I had trouble understanding him.  Since meeting him and talking to him multiple times I have come to understand that he is an intellectual that has a deep appreciation for how to make good booze.  It all starts with the right union of variety, soil and climate.  And after tasting this I had a light bulb moment.

Alpha Box & Dice Golden Mullet Fury 2009

The wine is alive with mascadelle for the first day then the glorious flavour of the Adelaide Hills Chardonnay kicks in.  On the palate there is a zestiness that leaves me feeling alive, refreshes and hungry. mmm this needs something as it is a textural number with plenty of flavour and huge appeal.  What is more there is a great length on the palate and synergy in motion between the two grape varieties. One could call it dry and savoury yet with fruit sweetness. Get on board.

Alcohol: 12%
Price: $20
Rated: 92
Drink: Now - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment