Tuesday 20 December 2011

Penny's Hill Skeleton Key 2009

Penny's Hill Skeleton Key 2009

There are some wines that transcend tasting notes and this is one of them. I get feelings of when I used to see my grandmother, she has past away now, when I was younger as we would go around to her place around the time of Christmas.  We always went around to her place for a lunch where she served roast lamb, baked cheesy cauliflower and buttery steamed broad beans.   This was a lovely time but I have always hated cauliflower which gran would force me to eat. She would say something like you have to grow up nice and strong.  Even though I'm six foot two I'm not giving her any credit for my height. After a huge dinner followed by gran playing the piano, we would go to leave and as I always loved my gran I would give her a kiss on the cheek but I would never go back for a pash. And that is how I feel about this wine.

Alcohol: 14.5%
Price: $35
Rated: 87
Drink: 2012 - 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment