Tuesday 7 June 2011

Hardys Eileen Hardy Chardonnay 2008

I’ve been drinking a few Chardonnays of late but have been mainly looking at smaller producers; now its time to see what the larger wineries can do.  I had to wear sunglasses to drink this as there is soo much bling on the bottle. Trophy after trophy right across the bottle which would mean that if I was a medal drinker this would be right up my ally. 


Hardys Eileen Hardy Chardonnay 2008

The wine sat open for 24 hours before I even looked at it and what you get screams at you for it seriousness and cellar ability.  Precision and focus are two words to describe the flavours that pierce your mouth.  Flavours of almond meal, spice, grapefruit, green melon and lemon sorbet effortless build into crescendo while the acidity keeps everything refreshed and invigorating.   Will be spectacular in a few years. 

Alcohol: 13%
Price: $60
Rated: 93
Drink: 2015 - 2020




No comments:

Post a Comment