Monday 13 June 2011

Jacobs Creek Chardonnay 2010

Jacobs Creek are one of the front runners in terms of number of bottles sold around the world and within Australia so I thought I needed to taste through them.  At this price point with total number of bottles produced they are very well put together,  in fact their whole range follows the same mantra as this little number.  I take my hat off to someone that can produce wine of this quality and quantity.

Jacobs Creek Chardonnay 2010


If this was served at a BBQ, I would suck it down with my chicken burger no worries.  The wine has impact on the palate with its buttered nuts, grapefruit and melon jubes and while it is a bit broad at the price point it is very tidy.  You can feel the sweetness in the wine which I think works wonders for what the wine it trying to achieve.  Don’t think just drink!


Alcohol: 13%
Price: $7
Rated: 81
Drink: now to 2  years




No comments:

Post a Comment