Wednesday 29 February 2012

Felton Road Chardonnay 2010

When Chardonnay is good it can blow your mind with complexity and ease of flavours.  Blair Walter crafts some of the best Pinot Noir that I have tasted yet this is the first time I have touched his Chardonnay.

Felton Road Chardonnay 2010

What you get here is an elegant wine with plenty of muscle under the hood. The wine has a little spritz on opening but that soon blows off to reveal pears, spring flowers and orange peel encapsulated in caramelised nuts and glazed grapefruit.  For a wine that is so young I can already feel the beauty within as the flavour copulate with my taste buds. I know that sounds like a weird word to use in a tasting note but I enjoyed this so much I couldn't think of any other word that fit better.

Alcohol: 14%
Price: $45
Rated: 92 ++
Drink: 2014 - 2023
Importer: Red & White

Felton Road Bannockburn Chardonnay

No comments:

Post a Comment